Nataratna NTR's 'Bandipotu was released in 1963 and became one of the biggest blockbusters in the year. The movie was directed by B Vithalacharya on Rajalakshmi Pictures. Sundar Lal Nahtha and Doondi have produced the movie. Ghantasal composed the music of the movie. Following are some of the interesting facts about the movie.
* NTR's performance and Krishna Kumari's glamour were the major highlights of the movie.
* The movie was made as complete folklore entertainer. Even then, there were no black magic and witch crafts in the movie. Even though the movie was a folklore entertainer, serious social issues were also dealt in the movie. NTR played Robin Hood like character in the movie.
* Music director Ghantasala was the real hero off the screen in the movie. Songs like 'Oohalu gusagusalade' and 'Vagalaranivi neeve' withstand over the decades and so they are treated evergreen songs. Many musicians wondered with the composition of 'Oohalu gusagusalade', as Ghantasala created his own tune breaking the conventions of preferring other ragas for this tune.
* ' Vayasunnadee vunnadee...sogasunnadee.. vunnadee' song cannot be watched by us now because the song was deleted in the CDs, online media and TV channels.
* Vithalacharya would make his heroes to be seen in varoius guises and so was the case with NTR, as he was seen in different get ups in the movie as per the story.