As we all know, Megastar Chiranjeevi visited AP CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy's house recently and received a warm welcome from Jagan's family. He had his lunch there and discussed various issues related to film industry. Interestingly, Megastar appealed the government to conduct Nandi award ceremonies which were kept pending for a long time. Though the awards were conferred for 2014,. 2015 and 2016, the previous TDP government didn't conduct the award functions as the announcement of awards for the aforementioned awards embroiled in huge controversy. There was nepotism, caste bias and favouritism involved in adjudging the awards. Following huge blunders were recorded in announcement of awards.
* Natasimham Nandamuri Balakrishna was conferred 2014's best actor award for Legend. It can't be said he doesn't deserve for the award. However, he, himself, announced the awards on behalf of TDP government which appeared odd to hear. It is also a known news that Balakrishna held the responsibilities of TDP's MLA.
* Manam missed best feature film award for 2014. Shockingly, routine commercial entertainer Legend got the best film award for the same year. As we know, Balakrishna and Nagarjuna are not in good terms.
* Boyapati Srinu was elected for best director award. He will also be the recipient of BN Reddy award for 2016. As we know, Boyapati was the key person behind colourful sets of Godavari pushkaralu and Bhavani Islands sets during TDP's rule.
* Naari naari song's dance was given best choreography award. This award received hilarious response from netizens. According to them, even Mahesh Babu too can't digest the award.
* Stylish Star Allu Arjun was teased by TDP's team conferring best character artist award for Rudhramadevi. Moreover, his blockbuster film Race Gurram was merely discarded for awards in 2014.
Having made out the nepotism and casteism in awards, industry celebs like Gunasekhar and Bunny Vas openly criticised the awards. The then TDP government was feared of the negativity encircled on awards. That's why, the government kept awards function on hold. In spite of mega family received zero Nandi awards, Chiranjeevi modestly asked the CM to get the award functions revived. With this gesture, Chiranjeevi proved his generosity and appears to have corrected Balakrishna's blunders in Nandi award announcements.