This is a well known truth that a majority of Hindus believe in and love to worship Shirdi Sai Baba who preached the theory of ‘Sab Ka Malik Ek.’ But, a gentleman Dr. Kota Venkata Surya Narayana from Narasaraopet in Guntur District has authored a book on Shirdi Sai Baba’s life history which is raging new communal fires in Guntur district.
Kota directly attacked Shirdi Sai Baba on following points in his book:
1. Sai Baba is a Muslim who believed in Islam and preached the theories from Quran in Hindu Temples.
2. The Mosque where he resided is changed to Dwarakamai.
3. Twenty to thirty years ago, there was no Sai Baba worship as what we see these days. It is all the market manipulations which made him more profitable god.
4. Ascent of Sai Baba, the Musilm god has killed the popularity of Rama, Krishna and other Hindu gods.
5. How can a Muslim god Sai Baba can be given Harathi and decorated with Tilakam and flowers? It is an insult to Hindu religion and culture.
6. Sai Baba never preached Bhagawad Gita.
7. Sai Baba was a non vegetarian who had fishes and meat with his followers.
Kota doesn’t leave even Father of Nation, Mahatma Gandhi and called him a betrayer and Desha Drohi.
Well, the huge community of Shirdi Sai Baba followers all over the state are expressing their grief over these worthless comments from Dr. Kota and requested Government to immediately ban this book. Temple trustees of Shirdi Sai Temples in Coastal Andhra region are performing ‘Palaabhishekam’ to Shirdi Sai Baba idols for this ‘Apacharam.’
Wonder, even Gods are now pulled into communal business.