The Prime Minister Narendra Modi thanked the people who stood tolerant standing outside ATM queues for getting their money. He made it clear that his fight for curbing black money would be continued. The PM announced a few sops to a few sections of the people. The highlights of his speech are given below.
* Only 24 lakh people have declared their income of being over Rs 10 lakh:
* The government would add Rs.20,000 crores to NABARD which had already got created a fund of Rs.21,000 last year.
* Home loans for poor and middle class people upto Rs 9 lakh will get 4 % exemption on interest and upto Rs 12 lakh will get 3 % exemption:
* The government would assure financial assistance of Rs.6000 to pregnant women.
* The government will pay an interest for 60 days on loans taken by farmers for rabi season from district cooperative banks and primary societies.
* Banks were asked to raise cash credit limit to small business to 25% from 20%.
* 3% interest waiver would be ensured on loan upto Rs 2 lakh for construction of houses in rural India, under PM Awas Yojana: PM 3% interest waiver on loan upto Rs 2 lakh for construction of houses in rural India, under PM Awas Yojana.