The moment Chiranjeevi declared about the merger of Praja Rajyam Party in Congress, there are wide spread speculations running in the political circles about the political future of Mega Star. If some of the PRP circles are projecting Chiru as next Chief Minister, internal Congress circles are seeing him as a leader who will be parceled to New Delhi central politics and he can never be a competitor for CM seat.
Following are few speculations running in positive and negative for Chiranjeevi:
1. Hard to change the Reddy dominated Congress politics by a Kapu leader like Chiranjeevi. It is mandatory that CM’s from Congress Party in the state should be from Reddy community.
2. Nearly 10 senior leaders with in the Congress (like Jana Reddy, JC Diwakar Reddy, Geetha Reddy, Jaipal Reddy and others) are competing for CM seat and given their seniority, Chiranjeevi cannot be an alternative option for them.
3. Kapu leaders with in the Congress like Botsa Satyanarayana may not welcome Chiranjeevi for CM seat.
4. When Chiranjeevi failed miserably in controlling the opinion differences and running the show in a smaller party like Praja Rajyam, he can never show the domination in age old Congress.
5. Chiranjeevi is obviously projected as an alternative charismatic leader against YS Jaganmohan Reddy and Mega Star needs to take the litmus test in the coming by elections. If YS Jagan succeeds in a land slide victory, then and there the position of Chiranjeevi will be degraded and the question of his competence to CM chair reaches ‘The End.’
6. Sonia Gandhi is impressed by the only political immaturity of Chiranjeevi and once the internal Congress politics in the state is understood by Chiru, no surprises that even he may get out from Congress.
Not to end here, there are diverse opinions shared by political analysts proofing that a soft spoken and plain hearted man like Chiranjeevi can never fit into the Politics and especially into Congress. When Chiru is not in Congress, question of his becoming CM never raises up again.