Malluwood, the Kerala Film Industry has gone for a wide scale of amendments to strictly impose the constraints on film budgets and thus save the industry. Following are few instances where Kerala industry can teach new lessons to Tollywood:
1. Highest remunerations for Mallu stars like Mohanlal, Mammootty, Suresh Gopi and others are known to be in the range of Rs.1 to 1.5 crores which is half of their maximum expenditure for a very high budgeted movie. Kerala Movie Artists Association and Film Chamber have passed a strict resolution to decrease their remunerations and heroes haven't accepted for it.
In retaliation, a group of Malayalam Movie Makers decided to avoid casting of superstars of Kerala like Mohanlal, Mammootty, Suresh Gopi, Jayaram, Dileep from their movies to reduce the production cost and almost banned their shootings from 16th of this month.
2. Kerala Producers have imposed the budgetary constraint for star movies as Rs.3.5 crores.
3. Maximum length of negative that can be exposed for a movie is restricted to 40,000 feet strictly.
4. Number of working days for any kind of movie must be less than 45 to 60 days.
5. Number of Artists for a movie can’t exceed the number of 45.
Will Tollywood be able to implement such strict measures, where in industry is really run by few big heads? Tollywood Producer Council members who met today have closed the discussion unending and adjourned the meet for next week.