Super Star Mahesh Babu's Maharshi is hitting the screens today all over the world. With sky high expectations, the film directed by Vamshi Paidipally is surely the best bet among all the summer releases. Big names like Dil Raju, Aswini Dutt and PVP backing Maharshi starring Pooja Hegde, Allari Naresh in important leads, let us see how good philosophy of life will Maharshi teach the audience.
With more than 2500 premier shows in US, let’s see what Mahesh’s landmark film has to offer. Here we bring our viewers the exclusive and first on net Maharshi live review from a very early premier show. Stay tuned for next 30 mins to know what and who Maharshi is?
- Bang on! Movie starts with introduction of Mahesh as CEO of one of the corporate companies in US, setting right tone to movie of this kind.
- Followed by first song Nuvve Samstham showing Mahesh in ultra posh lifestyle in montage shots.
- Without wasting time, story jumps back to flashback, letting us to join journey of RISHI.
- Another good look from Mahesh, as college student in Bollywood style of collage setup.
- Now comes another power house performer Allari Naresh as Ravi( let’s see if his character has power added to it), followed by Pooja Hegde as Pooja.
- Funny classroom scenes between Mahesh, Naresh and Rao Ramesh.
- Now comes friendship song Choti choti bathein with visuals of Rishi, Ravi and Pooja.
- Being a telugu movie, at right time we see action scenes based on illogical situation to fight. For a second, we feel we bumped into Mahesh’s previous movies.
- Emotional scenes between Rishi and Pooja + Rishi and Ravi.
- Rishi’s next big step in life, job in US, followed by family drama.
- With hero learning truth about Ravi and few dull moments, here ends first half.
First Half Report: Rags-to-Riches story with predictable scenes makes it average first half. Let’s see what makers have in plate for us in second half.
- Second half starts with Rishi meeting Ravi, director does not hide in letting theme of second half.
- Whole story has shifted to new theme revolving around farmers and corporate companies similar to Srimanthudu.
- Interesting scenes of hero shifting his base to remote village.
- Songs and background score are repetitive from recent DSP’s movies. That’s the reason we missed out mentioning all this time :-)
- Audience immediately are drenched with slow drama.
- Srimanthudu kind of pre climax. Fingers crossed, hoping to see some innovative climax.
- With series of events Rishi realizes importance of farming and becomes the champion of poor and downtrodden farmers.
- Finally one good song Ide kada ide kada justifying the title Maharshi.
Final Report: While the storyline of the film is all out on social media, we believe in no spoilers.
Any Rags-to-Riches story needs proper soul in right place thus affected presence of power performers like Allari Naresh, Sai Kumar, Jagapathi Babu, Posani Krishna Murali, Rajeev Kanakala and Nasser.
The climax, in my opinion, is a tad weak, far better second half would have taken Maharshi to next level.
Single liner: Two remade movies into one. First half resembles 3 Idiots and second half resembles Srimanthudu.