Intermediate advanced supplementary examinations will begin on June 2. Minister for Higher Secondary Education Manikya Varaprasada Rao released the schedule of examinations on Friday and said the last date for payment of fees for the supplementary examinations is May 7.
Varaprasada Rao attended a review meet on primary education chaired by Chief Minister K Rosaiah at the Secretariat where the CM instructed the officials to carry out Mid-day meal scheme without interruptions. He also urged them to clear the pending bills without delay.
Stressing on the Right to Education, the CM appealed to the senior officials to make this scheme a success. The scheme came into force on April 1 and will benefit 92 lakh children, who do not go to schools. The Act mandates that private educational institutions have to reserve 25 per cent seats for children from weaker sections.
Education became a fundamental right of every child in the age group of six to 14 years through the 86th amendment by inserting a clause in the Constitution in 2002. Parliament passed the law last year.
Manikya Varaprasada Rao assured the Chief Minister that textbooks will be made available to the High Schol and intermediate students as soon as the schools reopen after vacation.
According to the Minister, about 75 per cent of textbooks printing is over and the remaining 25 per cent will be completed in ten days.