Way back in 1990s and early 2000s, Aswani Dutt stood as one of the top producers of Tollywood. The producer got career best hits like Jagadeka Veerudu Athiloka Sundari, Choodalani Vundi and Indra. His Vyjayanthi Movies banner became the top production house with the gigantic successes of these films which were featured by Megastar Chiranjeevi as the hero.
Mega fans, however, frequently get annoyed with the producer due to various issues. Checkout the following.
* Indra ran silver jubilees in 33 direct centres. But then, mega fans felt the film could have run 175 days in 5 more centres.
* Power Star Pawan Kalyan's Balu turned an average grosser. In those days, an average venture would run 50 days in 100 centres. However, the film had to get satisfied with just 50 centres. The film could have run 100 days in 10+ centres. But then, Aswani Dutt let the film lifted from all screens post 50 days. The film ran 100 days in a single centre.
* Aswani Dutt forced Megastar to campaign for his victory as an MP from Vijayawada constituency in 2004. Mega fans were reluctant for it as they had been staunch rivals of TDP. Though Chiranjeevi campaigned, Aswani Dutt faced a defeat in the elections coz. TDP was facing an anti incumbency then.
* Mega fans feel Chiranjeevi's pic should be apt apart from late NTR's pic in the emblem of Vyjayanthi Films. According to them, the banner has got all that popularity owing to Chiranjeevi.
* When Bunny Vas was fighting against casteism of then TDP government and Balakrishna in connection with the Nandi awards, Aswani Dutt supported TDP on the issue.
* And lastly, mega fans feel that Mega Power Star Ram Charan missed National best actor award due to Aswani Dutt. They suspect if any lobbying was done by the producer with national awards committee for bagging award for Mahanati. Since, Keerthi Suresh was conferred the best actress, obviously, it would be not fair the best actor award is conferred from the same film industry.
PS: Aforesaid views were expressed by only a few mega fans, not all.