Having shouldered loads of expectations from crores of people across the nation, Narendra Modi disappointed everyone with his awful speech on the new year's eve. Let's analyse his speech with following parameters.
WHAT DID PEOPLE EXPECT FROM Modi'S SPEECH?:
* Lifting of limit on withdrawals from banks
* An announcement on free education and health was expected.
* Accurate numbers of black money seized were expected.
* No tax on digital transactions
* Raising slabs of Income Tax
* Small scale business people and farmers expected great favour done to them.50% rebate on sales tax was expected.
* Around 125 deaths were recorded outside ATM queues due to demonetization. At least Rs.25 lakhs per family was expected.
WHAT'S THERE IN Modi'S SPEECH AND HOW IT WAS MISFIRED?
* No such announcement on lifting of limit on withdrawals was made.
* No favour was done to education and health departments.
* Modi insisted the importance of curbing the black money. But then, he failed to give exact numbers of money deposited in banks and the actions were taken against corruptionists.
* No income tax rebates and raise of slabs.
* Home loan interests exemption of 3% to 4% were announced to BPL sections and middle class people. However, no such track records these sections getting loans for construction of houses. It's being suspected, some other sections avail the opportunity on the names of these sections.
* Interestingly, no statements were made against benami transactions and tightening laws against gold purchase which made people heaving sighs of relief. Earlier, it was felt common people would be affected with such silly decisions.