Nataratna NT Ramarao's 'Jagadekaveeruni Katha' was released on 9th August, 1961 and stood as one of the year's biggest blockbusters of tollywood then. B Saroja Devi, L Vijayalakshmi, Jayanthi and Bala paired up with NTR in the movie. The movie is remembered forever as one of the best folklore( janapada movies) films of tollywood due to following reasons.
* This is the story of a prince(NTR) who wishes to be the polygamist by marrying Indra Kumari, Naga Kumari, Varuna Kumari and Agni Kumari and finally achieves his goal. NTR as usually did a great job for his role. He was very handsome in 'Yuvaraju Pratap's role.
* B Saroja Devi, the damsel as an Indra Kumari appeared dazzling,enchanting and stunning with her looks. In 'Koppu meeda mallelente' song, the antagonist of the movie, Rajanala, having looked at her beauty, gets fainted. No wonder, most of the male youth felt the same watching this gorgeous beauty in the movie. Moreover, there were many fans to B Saroja who wanted to listen her cute and sweet dialogues.'Ose Eme Emite', ' Halaa praneswara vainame raavalenu','Aho Vratha' etc. were some of the interesting words uttered by B Saroja.
* Pingali Nagendra Rao, who was known for creating funny and new Telugu words, penned the dialogues of the movie. 'Hey Rajan', 'Halaa' etc. words were introduced by Pingali.
* Pendyala Nageswara Rao gave terrific music for this movie. All the songs have been great hits and they stand eternal. Songs like 'Jalakalatalalo', 'O cheli oho cheli', 'Varinchi vachchina', 'Ainademo ainadee', 'Manoharamugaa madhuramadhuramuga', 'Mamu dayaganumaa' and 'Siva Shankaree' were all time great hits. Perhaps, 'Jalakalatalalo' and 'Siva Shankaree' may not be forgotten by the future generations as well.
* Rajanala in the role of main villain, CSR as his adviser, Relangi and girija as 'Ekaasa' and Rendu Chintalu' delivered their best performances.
* Marcus Bartley, with the available technology, exhibited his brilliance in camera work.
* With these kind of entertaining films, KV Reddy has stood as one of the all time great directors of tollywood. Production values of Vijaya Productions were as usually the best.