Advertisement

Anand asks officials to expedite rice procurement

Thu 10th Aug 2017 07:37 PM

Anand asks officials to expedite rice procurement

Commissioner for Civil Supplies C.V. Anand
Commissioner for Civil Supplies C.V. Anand

Commissioner For Civil Supplies C.V. Anand asked officials to take steps to see that 100% of CMR Rice is procured before August 31. He said till 9th of this month millers submitted 54% of rice and the remaining 46% should be submitted before the deadline.

The Commissioner conducted video conference with Joint Collectors, DCSO’s, District Managers, FCI, Rice Millers, NIC Representatives to discuss on Rice Procurement, E-Pos, Deepam and other issues on Thursday.

Advertisement

Anand said, “In last Kharif season, except from one rice mill in Jagityal, rice millers submitted 99.94% of rice to government before deadline; the same spirit should be continued by millers in this Rabi season also. Now millers cannot go with the excuse of shortage of space in godowns. On the frequent complaints from millers on space shortage in FCI, several meetings were held with FCI Officials which was taken to the notice of Central Government and they made available sufficient space in godowns to store the procured CMR Rice from Millers. But millers have not submitted rice to the sufficient space to FCI godowns, they should submit before the deadline. As per the request of state government FCI godowns will be open on holidays also, officials should see that rice millers also work in holidays and submit boiled rice in huge quantities.”

This year in Rabi season 37.16 Lakh Metric Tons of rice was procured through purchasing centers which was given to millers, for which they have to submit 25.27 Lakh Metric Tons of CMR Rice to government. Till 9th of August 13.67 LMTs rice has been handed over to FCI, which is not sufficient, and more speed is required in rice procurement he said.

The Commissioner said only 16 days more are left for the deadline and on average daily only 0.20 Lakh Metric Tons of rice is submitted to godowns. If 70,000 Metric Tons of rice is procured daily, then only we can achieve the target, officials and millers should take necessary steps in this view.

In Medchal, Gadwal, Nagarkurnool, Mahaboobnagar, Nalgonda, Kothagudem, Khammam districts rice procurement is going on in full pace. But in Nirmal, Manchiryal, Kamareddy, Medak, Sangareddy and Peddapally districts, the procurement is slow.

Anand said ration dealers should be supplied rice without shortage. “Action will be taken against godown incharge and District Managers for any deficiencies. Establishing of weigh bridges at godowns is in process. Till then, alternate weigh bridges should be used by paying them rent. Shortage upto 2 to 3 Kgs of rice per quintal is being reported from ration dealers. This should not be repeated,” the Commissioner said.