Tollywood in its 86 yrs of journey witnessed many sensational victories and stunning disasters. Every year Tollywood churns out around 200 films and those included dubbing films from other languages. Of them, while few films reach the high expectations of the people, others fizzle out turning out to be disasters at the box office.
Let us see those top films which failed to live up to the expectations and turned out to be disasters.
1. Saaho: Young Rebel Star Prabhas’s highly anticipated film Saaho that released after the Baahubali sensation stood as biggest disaster of this year in Telugu, though the film did well in Hindi. Made on a huge budget, the Sujeeth directorial lacked the engaging elements.
2. NTR biopic: Balakrishna came up with NTR biopic in two parts to pay floral tributes to his dad, legendary personality NTR with Krish as director. The film failed to reach the huge expectations as it showed only the positive elements in NTR's life.
3. Vinaya Vidheya Rama: Ram Charan came with mass entertainer Vinaya Vidheya Rama following his industry hit Rangasthalam. Boyapati Srinu included out and out mass elements to attract masses. However, the film failed to reach the expectations as it had a routine story and screenplay. The film with routine elements turned out to be the biggest disaster at the box office.
4. Dear Comrade: Vijay Devarakonda, Rashmika Mandanna's Dear Comrade came with huge expectations. However, the film's length, dragging scenes plunged the film into a disaster. However the film got good viewership in Amazon Prime.
5. Manmadhudu 2: Nagarjuna and Rahul Ravindran's Manmadhudu 2 released amidst huge expectations. A lot of hype was generated as people remembered Nagarjuna's hit film Manmadhudu. However, the film failed to repeat the magic and people turned it into disaster as they did not like the double meaning dialogues and vulgar comedy.
6. Gang Leader: Nani was one of the most bankable stars in Tollywood. However, he is failing to judge scripts of late. There were good hopes on Gang Leader. But, due to routine story and illogical scenes, the film ended as a disaster.
7. Chanakya: Macho hero Gopichand is going through toughest phase in his career with consecutive flops. Latest addition to the list is Chanakya. The film that had the shades of Ek Tha Tiger failed to impress Telugu audience who rejected it completely.
We have few other films releasing in Noember and December. But, for Christmas, Balakrishna’s Ruler and Sai Dharam Tej’s Prati Roju Pandaage are hitting the screens. Hope, these films will give happy ending for 2019.