K Chandrasekhar Rao led Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) is expected to win a total of around 85 to 90 seats. They are leading in 43 seats, won 45 seats; Congress leading in 8 seats and won 11 seats; TDP leading in one seat and won one seat; BJP leading in 2 seats, AIMIM leading in 2 seats and won 4 seats; others leading in one seat and won one seat.
Curiously, popular leaders from TRS as well as Congress faced defeat.
* TRS candidate from Bhupalapalli, Madhusudhana Chary, the speaker of the dissolved state assembly has lost the assembly election.
* TRS's lawmaker and minister in KCR cabinet Ajmeera Chandulal has lost to the Congress candidate in Mulug seat. Former Transport Minister P Mahender Reddy lost in Tandur seat.
* Former Ministers Tummala Nageswar Rao from Palair and Jupalli Krishna Rao from Kollapur lost to their Congress opponents.
* Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee working presidents A Revanth Reddy and Ponnam Prabhakar too faced defeat.
* Konda Surekha is defeated in Parkal by Challa Dharma Reddy of TRS. Sanjay Kumar of TRS defeats former Congress minister Jeevan Reddy from Jagtial by a margin of 60,000 votes. Jeevan Reddy is a six-time MLA.
* G Sayanna of TRS defeated former Union minister Sarve Satyanarayana of the Congress in Secunderabad Cantonment seat. Congress senior leader Jana Reddy lost in the hands of Nomula Narsimhaiah, TRS candidate with a majority of 9,368 votes in the constituency.
* Telangana BJP president K Laxman and senior leader Kishan Reddy are trailing in Musheerabad and Amberpet segments respectively.
AICC’s Vamshi Chand Reddy, Chinna Reddy and Sampath Kumar couldn’t escape defeat.